Tuesday 12 March 2013

My Gawd... How did i get here?

So, that's it then.  The biological clock is doing the thing that biological clocks start to do when you hit 39.  It is reminding me, in a low, desperate growl that there is not much time left.  What??!!  How did that happen.  I'm pretty sure that despite the information listed on my driver's license I am still a young thing of oh, about 25.  I'm pretty sure that I still have lots of time to figure out thing like what I am going to be when i grow up. But, apparently my driver's license is right and the voices in my head are wrong.  I don't have all that much time left.

I got married last year.... it was the first marriage for both my husband and I.  This seems to put us in a rather rare and special category amongst our friends where we don't have any ex-spouses or shared custody agreements.  We can make plans for vacations around only what our bosses say and not when the school boards think we should travel and we don't have to ask a judge about moving to another city.  We are living the good life.  We knew each other for 2 years as friends and 5 months as lovers before we got engaged.  And then, 365 days after he kissed me for the first time he put a ring on it.  We made it official on a beautiful summer day.

We were both committed to having children.  And so, carefully figuring out how pregnant i could be in my wedding dress and still have it fit we took the plunge, we pulled the B.C. plug and held our breaths.

It's been a year and we still haven't breathed.  It's time to bring in the experts. 

2 comments:

  1. Awww... that is so romantic! I wish I remembered the day we kissed for the first time, we know the month but not the day :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... It's a bit of a twist because of leap year. So we didn't get married on our "anniversary", but it was 365 days later. We didn't try to get married then, but anyone who has planned a wedding realizes you don't get a lot of say in your final wedding date if you are stuck on a venue.

      Delete